Galvanized Pallet Racks: What You Need to Know
When selecting equipment for your warehouse or storage facility, it’s okay to be picky. In fact, it’s recommended. There are countless options to choose from: galvanized pallet rack, cantilever rack, drive-in rack, pushback rack, and carton flow rack to name just a few.
In order to ensure your equipment plan is tailored to meet the unique needs of your team, it’s important to understand the applications and benefits of each type of equipment. Galvanized pallet racking is one of the most common choices. It’s damage resistant, high-performing, and versatile. But just because it’s popular, doesn’t mean it’s the right solution for you.
In this post, we’ll break down the basics of galvanized pallet racks so you can get a better understanding of the role they could play in your facility. Keep reading to learn more.
What Are Galvanized Pallet Racks?
Galvanized pallet racks are made with steel that has been coated in zinc. Because regular steel is made with iron, it is susceptible to rust and corrosion. Especially in cases where the pallet racks may be exposed to harsh weather conditions, chemicals, moisture, and impact damage.
Galvanized pallet racks are most commonly available in two styles:
- Structural steel pallet rack: These racking systems are made with heavy-duty welded steel. The strong metal materials used during manufacturing make them damage-resistant and ideal for heavy loads of up to 25 tons. Galvanized options are typically required or preferred for outdoor storage due to the potential for rust.
- Roll-formed steel pallet rack: Roll-formed systems are made with continuous steel, meaning they are bent rather than welded. Due to the nature of this manufacturing process, these racks are not as heavy-duty as structural steel racks. Because of this, they are recommended for light to medium-sized inventory. The benefit of these systems is flexibility, affordability, and mobility.
Galvanization is a process in which metal is dipped in a protective zinc coating. The coating acts as a barrier that resists moisture and other harmful exposures.
What’s the Difference Between Standard and Galvanized Pallet Racking?
Pallet racking is typically manufactured using steel or iron. These materials are vulnerable to corrosion, rust, and damage over time. As a solution, many manufacturers offer galvanized pallet racking.
Galvanization is a process in which metal is dipped in a protective zinc coating. The coating acts as a barrier that resists moisture and other harmful exposures. Even if the coating is scratched or damaged, it can still provide protection, which is what makes it especially valuable.
The end result is a barrier that prevents long-term and difficult-to-manage damage that will inevitably impact the integrity of the structure.
In terms of pricing, galvanization is actually a comparatively low-cost protection method. This makes it an attractive option for those looking for affordable equipment for their facility.
Who Should Use Galvanized Pallet Racking?
Each facility has vastly different requirements. As such, it’s difficult to prescribe one particular type of equipment without a comprehensive understanding of the facility’s needs.
However, there are some applications that could benefit from galvanized pallet racking:
- Outdoor storage space
- Storage space for chemicals
- Storage space for liquids
- Facilities in humid environments
- Facilities that frequently wash equipment or floors
- Facilities in flood zones or storm zones
Durable, Versatile Storage Solutions for Your Warehouse
At East Coast Storage Equipment, we specialize in custom equipment plans and high-quality, affordable solutions to ensure your facility achieves its goals. CONTACT US
Where to Buy Galvanized Pallet Racking
Galvanized pallet racking can be purchased from a wide variety of vendors both online and in person. Here are a few options:
- Auctions: Although in-person warehouse equipment auctions are becoming exceedingly rare, they are still a good way to find galvanized pallet racks. It may take more time to find the exact product you need, however, due to the restrictions that come with in-person auctions.
- Local warehouse equipment dealers: Depending on your location, there may be a reputable warehouse equipment dealer near you. Be sure to read reviews before working with a dealer.
- Online auctions: Due to their convenience and accessibility these are quickly replacing in-person auctions. The downsides of online auctions include the necessity to purchase sight unseen. It’s difficult to coordinate with a seller to get the information you need because of the competition for the product.
- Online equipment dealers: Buying galvanized pallet racking from a reputable online dealer is perhaps the most efficient way to get specific, high-quality equipment. Without the immediacy of the auction setting, you’ll be able to coordinate with a seller to get the photos, descriptions, and information you need to purchase with confidence. Some dealers also offer nationwide delivery and installation to make your purchase simple.
Custom Equipment Solutions from East Coast Storage Equipment
Galvanized pallet rack is a versatile and durable storage solution that can bring measurable benefits to a wide variety of facilities. If you’re in the market for equipment solutions, be sure to inquire about galvanized options. It could save you a major headache in the future.
Looking for personalized warehouse equipment solutions? We’ve got you covered. At East Coast Storage Equipment, we provide quality used galvanized pallet racks that optimize storage density and efficiency in your facility. Contact us to see how we can help.